Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 16, 2013

Monday morning was like any other in State College but it would be my last day in State College. I was according, to the the rules, the PDay princess. I got to choose what we would be doing for the day. We went to a restraunt, Don Johns. The food was amazing!!! But before we went there we took several pictures at a garden that was created by one of the elders investigators. She had been working on it for fourty years! Soon after emails we went to go play one last game of Onka. The game ended when the ball died once again. That night at FHE, I said my goodbyes to the branch members and the State College elders. It was a sad but a bittersweet time.
 
Tuesday morning, the Bellefonte elders brought us McDonalds and their car. We drove with their car to Pittsburgh while they covered our area for the day. They were excited about that because that meant that they could go to a barbecue the branch was having. I drove Sister Yates and I to Pittsburgh. It felt good to drive again. As one of the last sisters called, I was called to Berwick West with Sister Gelana Stovall. From Pittsburgh we drove to the Harrisburg chapel. At the chapel, I met my new companion and loaded up the car with my luggage when it arrived in the Harrisburg trailer. Elder Boyd, who is one of the Harrisburg zone leaders, said that I am different and he couldn't put his finger on why. We got home that night at 10:15 but still had to due planning. We were dead tired by the time we got to bed.
 
Wednesday we had district meeting and I met the other missionaries near by. Elder Yates is our district meeting. From lunch we went to a lesson with an older woman named Martha. The lesson was amazing. We just let her talk things out and figure them out on her own. She knows that the church is true!
 
Thursday was very hard for me. I didn't know anything really about the area. I didn't know what I was doing. State College was way different then Berwick West and all I could think was "What am I doing here?" It was hard for me because I was having to make so many readjustments. After a lesson with Martha, all of our plans kept falling through and all I wanted to do was throw my hands up and cry. We went to met a member to follow her back to her house. When we got there she informed us that the person we were going to teach was sick! We went over to a less actives home nearby. We stayed there to get out of the storm. We met Zach and Flora there. They are part of a group called Life. They have a lot of similiar beliefs as us. We got to talking with them and set a return appointment with them for the next day. That night we headed back in early because Sister Stovall was starting to get way sick. A couple of men from the ward came over and gave her a blessing.
 
Friday we spent the whole time inside because Sister Stovall was sick. I did anything and everything I could think of to keep myself entertained and to not go stir crazy. We had to reschedule the lesson we had set up with Zach and Flora for Saturday. It worked out well for them as well because things were a little crazy with them as well.
 
Saturday, Sister Stovall was still feeling a little off. We had an odd lesson with Zach and Flora. Zach is a bit more open with Flora is a bit more sceptic. Zach has a few Mormon friends and more knowledge from them than other resources. Sister Stovall was off most of the day because she was still feeling the effects of a sleep medication from the night before. We went to a primary art show and also got some free clothes. That was great because I got to meet more members of the ward.
 
Sunday morning we met with the bishop and talked more about missionary work. It was decided that September 26th was the day that Martha would be baptized. It is also Sister Stovall's year mark. Another potential investigator attended church as well. We sang and practiced with the Young Men and Women a song they are singing the next Sunday. After church we, with some members of the ward, brought sacrament to a women in a old folks home. She was so bright and happy to see. Janice is an amazing woman trying to still share the gospel with others. We went to meet with Justin afterwards. The lesson was going really well but I was having some difficulties with my allergies. I was starting to lose my sight because of them. Sister Stovall turned to me to see if I wanted to say something and I told her what was going on. We ended the lesson. At the end of the lesson, Justin gave an amazing prayer. It was his first prayer!!! We headed to Martha's where I got allergy medicine and talked with her about the remainder of the first four lessons in Preach My Gospel. It was an amazing week!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment